It is always refreshing and uplifting to know that the work that you do is going towards supporting the young and talented designers of your community. Stacey and I believe this to be true of our partnership with Western Canada Fashion Week (check out their website at www.westerncanadafashionweek.com).
In addition to supporting designers, what is a vital contribution to the success of Western Canada Fashion Week (WCFW) is the many volunteers who donate their time, energy, and efforts, to each WFCW season. Several WCFW volunteers seek to gain experience and knowledge of the fashion industry and WCFW is committed to providing rewarding experiences for their volunteers that enable them to meet their career goals or expand their creative talents. This season, we are excited to announce that Goodwill Industries (www.goodwill.ab.ca) is the official sponsor of WCFW's Stylist Contest. Volunteers will be given the opportunity to dress a window for Goodwill Industries.
A Pleasury of A-Lines and B-Lines is proud to be helping Western Canada Fashion Week (WCFW) AND Goodwill Industries recruit 2 MORE designers for the Stylist Contest. WCFW and Goodwill want YOU to participate in this spectacular opportunity. Here are the deets:
- Four Goodwill Industries stores will be participating. The first eight entries will be granted a window (as we mentioned above, we are now only looking for 2 MORE participants).
- All participants will have their work shown on the WCFW website with a small bio.
- You have the option to work alone or in a team of two.
- You may have mannequins to work with or not - please be prepared for both.
- You may use any item from the store (no outside props allowed).
- Please bring your 'Stylist Kit-' pins, clothes pins, spring clamps, tape, scissors, etc. (NOTE: you cannot physically alter or cut any clothing).
- Instructions will be given to you the day of the event.
- There is a possibility of press being at any of the locations.
- Your imagination and creative skills will be on display - HAVE FUN!!
- Participants will receive free entrance into the WCFW Stylist Contest ($75 value) on Thursday, March 24, 2011.
Saturday, February 12, 2011 (2 windows available)
**If you or someone you know is interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your NAME, EMAIL, and PHONE NUMBER, and WHY you want this opportunity. Your information will then be forwarded to Goodwill Industries and they will contact you.**
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS!!
Rowena and Stacey