Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Backpacking...

Clutches and handbags are great and they definitely have their place and purpose, but on my leisurely weekends, sometimes nothing beats a nice leather backpack.  I have a trusty leather cognac backpack that I purchased many moons ago and I have to tell you, when spending the day in a museum, or walking around window shopping, a nice, well-made backpack is perfection.  Being the type of person who enjoys strolling with my hands in my pockets or with a coffee in one hand and a mini baguette in the other, I've gotten good wear out of my little backpack.  

As a general rule, I prefer structured leather satchel style backpacks.  They have a great deal of character, look stylish and don't have the sporty look of the rounded nylon backpacks.  Obviously, wearing a backpack requires a great deal of awareness as it makes life quite easy for pickpockets, but the ability to be hands-free trumps all!  Now this style isn't for everyone and I've heard people comment that backpacks are for grade school kids.  I think the key to keeping this look from appearing too young, is to coordinate the backpack with your clothes in the same way you would a purse.  Also, if you're wearing a smaller backpack, don't try to fit it over a bulky winter coat...that just might have you looking like a 5th grader.  Maybe wait until the weather is more forgiving and pair with a nice trench coat and cropped pants.  Stitching, piping, buckles and two-toned colors are details that give backpacks a more purse-like appearance.

Check out these backpacks.  They're the cat's pyjamas!






Effortless, cool and casual.  Loves it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment