Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Killer Heels

Excruciating pain. Blisters. Foot and Leg Cramps. Numbness or loss of feeling. Sounds like a disclaimer for an American pharmaceutical company trying to market yet another wonder drug. In this case it is not. These are some of the unfortunate symptoms of "killer" heels. As a woman who loves wearing her heels (4-inches or higher!), I thought I would share some of my insider tips to wear ANY killer heel while still maintaining the health and beauty of your tender tootsies.

TIP 1: If you don't wear a lot of heels, but, enjoy a stiletto from time to time, I suggest working your way up inch by inch. The kitten heel is usually a good starting point for newbies. This style is still comfortable, yet stylish with the right outfit, and you'll be able to "work it" in these heels at your next soiree!! 

                                                                                      

TIP 2: When choosing what heels to wear with what outfit, I try to best gage how long I will be wearing these particular heels and how much walking, dancing, etc. I will be doing. For example, if I'm attending an awards gala or a theatre production where I know I will be sitting more than standing, I know that I can basically wear any heel that I want as I don't have to worry about my feet hurting. On the contrary, if I'm going to a wedding, I'll be more selective with my choice of footwear and probably wear 3-inches or less OR pack a pair of flats in my purse!! So my Rule of Thumb: the less standing, walking, dancing, the higher the heel I go!! Here's a dose of Christian Louboutin for you!!

                                                                                                                 
TIP 3: This last tip isn't really mine. I found it on Youtube. The girl in the background is what I used to totally look like when I first started wearing heels! Hilarious!!! Enjoy walking in your killer heels (with help from this instructional video!) Just click on the below image.


No comments:

Post a Comment