Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Friday, November 5, 2010

The Ultimate Accessory - The Red Lip

No matter what the occasion, from a dinner date to a night out on the town, I can always count on my number one accessory - my red lipstick. It wasn't until my late twenties did I feel comfortable wearing any shade of color that was more than a pinky brown. Since this time, I have never gone back! It is my go to color, my go to accessory! I own it in a variety of shades and brands such as "Red Hot," "Ruby Woo," and something called, "#507?" Right now, I'm all about my "Russian Red." It is featured in the below pic. I love that it has a creamy, matte finish, and if you are thinking of buying it here is my shameless plug for MAC Cosmetics.

PS ladies, for a seamless finish, pick up the "Prep And Prime" (apply this product to your lips prior to applying the lipstick and lip pencil, and the secret is to apply the primer just a tad outside of your lip line. Then let it dry for 30 seconds). Then apply the lip pencil in "Brick," and finish it with the "Russian Red" lipstick. Voila! Perfection!

Thank you to my dear friend and makeup extraordinaire, Barbie, for introducing me to the ultimate accessory! For those of you who live in Edmonton, I highly recommend that you book your next make up appointment with Barbie at the Southgate Mall MAC location. MWAAHH!!! BTW, the earrings in this pic are one of my faves!!

2 comments:

  1. I can attest to this lipstick being the most fashionable and stylish accessory a woman can rock, having experienced it first hand from THE woman in my life (I won't name names, but she is Filipino and is one of the two fashion diarists of this blog). My fav part, it doesn't come off when I kiss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm picking one up and it's all because of your FOTD! :-)

    ReplyDelete