Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Bejewel Me


I laugh to myself as I think of the infamous one liner from the movie, Jerry Maguire, when Tom Cruise is confessing his undying love for Rene Zellweger and says to her "you complete me." Obviously, in the context of this love story it is fittingly romantic, but in the context of today's post, that's what my outfit would say to an amazing piece of jewelry. To me, carefully chosen jewelry pieces complete an outfit. They play various roles in our day to day wardrobe and accentuate our outfit by adding a bit of glam and sparkle, or texture and boldness, when we are wanting to make a fashion statement. 


Source: jacquelinegikow.com
Source: forever21.com
For the fall/winter 2010/2011 season we are seeing a lot of feather designed pieces such as earrings and necklaces. Feathers definitely add softness and lightness to the cold and heavy days of winter.
                






Beautiful jewelry is also being adorned with rhinestones and pearls. I have quite a few myself!! These are some styles that I just love!
Source: forever21.com
Source: forever21.com






Source: topshop.com
This season my ultimate favourite is the trend we are seeing amongst several designers to create textured jewelry pieces such as these ones from Top Shop: a plaited velvet heart bracelet and mixed wrap bangles.
Hope you enjoyed my snapshot of my fave pieces for the 2010/2011 Fall/Winter season! MWAAHH!!
                                                  

                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment