Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Streets Of The Orient

It will be three years this April since my last trip to Asia and I am feenin' for a trip back ASAP! I miss the busy lights and nightlife of Shanghai; the experience of randomly stumbling on a side street in Hong Kong and finding 6 stellar pairs of shoes in one hour; and more importantly, the FASHION. When I think of "Asian street style" what initially comes to mind is bold, risk-taking. I remember feeling beyond ecstatic and in a state of wonderment as I was anticipating what the next style setter would be wearing strutting down the street, like it was their very own catwalk. On the "catwalks" of Shanghai and Hong Kong for example, I would see the style savvy mixing unconventional patterns and textures with one another, wearing multiple fashion trends yet looking seamlessly effortless, or just simply being daring with color. I truly admire their trendsetting style and will continue to long for a trip back to Asia, but until then, let's pay tribute to the "Streets of the Orient."

I just adore this blush pink blazer with the high waisted denim shorts. So chic and edgy especially with the oxfords! I would totally rock this outfit.







Now if there was a definition for effortless, casual cool, this girl would be it! Her layered look is perfectly balanced and proportionate with her petite frame. The forest green tote adds the perfect pop of color to this outfit. And how pretty is her hair braided with the scarf. Absolutely lovely.

This gal really knows how to play with color!I would never have paired mustard yellow with soft pink! LUVS IT!!

I love the mix of the down-to-earth style of the plaid shirt, and fringe sweater with the Louis Vuitton messenger bag and fedora. This look is comfortable yet put together with impeccable style.







These two images are the same Japanese girl. I found her on Lookbook a while ago and I just love her feminine, edgy, style. I admire her choice of bold colors and how she accessorizes her  outfits with adoring hats!
These stylishly paired couples are definitely head turners as they walk through their home towns (the top couple is from Hong Kong and the other from China). My boyfriend RJ and I used to love the Hong Kong couples' style a few years back, but now, we definitely have more classic, refined, yet edgy tastes in fashion like the couple from China:)

How could I not include Harajuku style? She is definitely channeling her inner doll and magnificently pulls it off. The hear shaped purse is totally cute don't ya think?

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog (discovered through serendipity this morning) and especillay your vision of feminity !!!!

    MERVEILLEUX

    Nylon-volupte.overblog.com

    ReplyDelete