Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Domestic Bliss

As of late my head has been swimming with all things home decor, reno and furniture related.  I recently bought a place and will be moving in at the end of this month and as such, my senses have been fully tuned in and attracted to house stuff.  Pretty cushions, cabinet handles, table settings....ah there are just so many lovely things with which to fill a home.  As you may have noticed from my previous posts, I love to talk about details.  We express our personality through individual style and fashion.   Adding personal touches and pieces to your home that are quintessentially you, achieves the same end.  

There is a part in the beginning of the Sex and the City 2 film, where Carrie goes into a boutique and is greeted by the store clerk.  The clerk mentions that it's been some time since she's seen Carrie in the store, to which Carrie replies "I've been cheating on fashion with furniture."  I thought this line was so brilliant that I asked my buddy Amie to remind me of it later via text!  There's a certain adrenaline rush and enamourment that takes place when a beautiful piece of clothing catches your eye.  It's not a common occurrence.  Sure we see and buy things that we like, but I'm talking about that rare feeling deep in your gut that has you thinking "I MUST HAVE IT!"  Since starting to buy more furniture and home decor items, I noticed that a beautiful piece that's exactly what I've imagined and dreamt about, realized in form, has this same chemical reaction.  This connection between fashion and furniture/decor is totally understandable.  Alluring shapes, rich textures and fabrics...it really is no surprise.

Here are some pretty accessories for 2 domestic art forms that I am determined to master in style!  Gardening and cooking!  





 I bought this cooking apron for Row for Christmas.  It has a faux pearl collar and reads "Little Black Apron."  Too cute!  The aprons below are from Anthropologie.  One of my homegirls has the center polka dot apron.  Pretty and girly just like her! 



I promise to share pics when the place is up to snuff!  Thanks for sharing this fun journey with me Pleasury Readers!  

Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment