Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Desi Style Boutique

In August of last year, I had the honour of attending one of my most darling friend's wedding.  As she is Ismaili, I saw this as a brilliant opportunity to try some ornate Indian and Pakistani fashion.  There were 3 main events that I attended the week of the wedding; the pithi, the ceremony and the reception.  That made 3 outfits for this newbie to find.  The pithi ceremonies takes place at the bride and groom's houses separately.  The celebration was beautiful and lavish! 

When faced with the dilemma of what to wear, the bride's sister came to my rescue with a wealth of outfits to pick from.  Each uniquely different from the other.  After mentioning the situation to my colleague and pal, Tameeza, she too brought me some lovely clothes and informed me that she has an online boutique.  This really peaked my interest since everything she brought me to try on left me speechless.  

Tameeza and Nidhi started Desi Style Boutique (www.desistyleboutique.com) one year ago.  Outfits range from traditional to contemporary and they are able to order from various designers.  Carrying sarees, lenghas and suits imported from India and Pakistan, Desi Style has something for everyone.  They offer both custom and ready-made designs and delivery takes 4 to 6 weeks.  Check out these intricately adorned pieces available on Desi Style Boutique!









 Desi Style also sells children and menswear.  What is next on the horizon for these ladies?  Co-founder Tameeza reports that they would love to get into selling shoes and accessories.  I for one cannot wait!!




Now that's one knock out bride!  PERFECTION!






Row and I clearly had a blast dressing up for our buddy's big day.  Congrats again Rehana and Shameer!


No comments:

Post a Comment