Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Stocking Stuffers for $20 and Under!

Stocking stuffers have been a favourite of mine since I was just a little thing.  I actually enjoyed going through my stocking more than opening presents.  There's just something about those little thoughtful goodies; and it's amazing how much can fit inside a stocking!  My best stocking stuffer ever was The New Kids on the Block Hangin' Tough tape.  Ah, simpler times!  Stocking stuffers are typically the last thing I pick up before Christmas.  For those of you still looking to fill those embellished and embroidered stockings on your mantel, here are some suggestions for $20 and under!

Source: www.smartset.ca
 What girl doesn't like to adorn herself with jewelry?  A necklace is a pretty safe bet; chances are there's going to be something in a gal's closet that works with the necklace.  This rhinestone brooch necklace is only $11.99 from Smart Set.  The multi-strands and brooch add a vintage elegance to this piece...and who can complain about the price tag?!
Source: www.net-a-porter.com
 Okay, I have to admit that I'm very biased when it comes to Marc Jacobs.  I love everything he designs, no matter how quirky and off the wall it is.  He's just awesome and inspiring.  These Marc by Marc Jacobs brass and czech stone earrings are only $20.  The rabbits look demonic...perhaps a conversation starter no?
Source: www.jacob.ca
The other terrific thing about giving jewelry in a stocking, is that it's small enough that you can fit a lot of other things in as well (or just load up the stocking with tons of costume jewelry...I know I'd be more than thrilled with that).  Jacob has these drop earrings for only $19.90 right now.  This is a versatile piece as it can be worn to complement a formal outfit or punch up a casual one.
Source: www.smartset.ca
Okay...I'm noticing a pattern here.  So apparently I'm drawn to vintage inspired jewelry (hint hint to those filling my stockings).  This ladybug ring, also from Smart Set, is only $5.99 right now.  Crazy!! I love the detail on the wings.

Source: www.lechateau.com
 Now I know that this drapey turtleneck is a bit large for a stocking...but one could roll it up and fit it in.  For only $19.99...find a way.  This flowy number looks so comfortable!  It could be worn for lounging around or throw on some liquid leggings and you're ready for a night out!

 
















Le Chateau also had some great deals for the boys!  This wool ivy cap ($19.95) is a nice alternative to the baseball caps that seem so prevalent (even at nice restaurants and lounges...a pet peeve of mine).  For the trendier dapper gent, these smart black suspenders are only $15 and make the perfect stocking stuffer!
Joyeux Noël tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment