Check out Snapshot Musings for our latest makeovers!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rabbit Hunt

Have you ever made such a perfect purchase that you thought it was too good to be true? Yes, I know what many of you are thinking, it probably was. And you're right. I fooled myself yet again! I have been on the hunt for some new leather gloves and Stacey suggested that we search for gloves that were lined with rabbit fur as they are supposed to be one of the warmest linings (and fashionable too).

After several weeks of being on the prowl for these sought after gloves, I finally stumbled upon a pair at The Bay. I am not a regular at this store, but when I do pop in on a whim, I am always pleasantly surprised by their accessories section (FYI, The Bay locations at West Edmonton Mall, and Southgate Mall are the best!!). Of course, I found the most perfect black leather gloves with some detailing on the wrists and lined with soft, grey and white rabbit fur. I tried the right one on and it fit perfectly! So I thought 'YES!' mission accomplished. I bought the gloves and left the store feeling victorious.

A few days later, I woke up to a chilly weather forecast for the day so pulled out my new leather gloves, sprayed them with leather protector, and to make them "officially" mine, cut the tags off. Habitually, I put the right glove on first, 'aaahhh' I thought to myself, what a perfect fit! Then I proceeded to put the left glove on, and to my shocking surprise it did NOT fit. I was able to get the glove on, but couldn't bend my wrist or my fingers. WTF! Disappointingly, I had to wear my last season black suede gloves and asked my partner, RJ, to go through the garbage and pick out the tags as I had to make a trip back to the store to exchange them. I am happy to report, I am FINALLY wearing my black leather gloves lined with rabbit fur. For those of you who are too, on the hunt for the perfect winter accessory whether it be gloves, a scarf, or ear muffs, may your story also have a happy ending!

These are some of my most other wanted accessories for the winter season. Hope you like them!

Source: urbanoutfitters.com 



Source: topshop.com
Source: modcloth.com
Source: shopbop.com









No comments:

Post a Comment